Sunday, March 22, 2009

Jazz for Peace Event - Live Painting!





























Today I painted live at a Jazz for Peace event. It was held at the New York Historical society


The concept is that during the course of the concert I paint the music, the show, the vibe.
The concert lasted an hour, so luckily I like to work fast! ;) I started out with a blank canvas of 24 x 20' using acrylics. After about an hour this was the result!
Here are a few pictures of the painting and the process of it.


Visit Jazz for Peace for more of their events.

Also: a picture of the proud new owners up top!

8 comments:

trudette said...

Stunning picture , very vibrant colors !

elsie said...

just discovered your awesome blog and etsy shop on a forum thread - you jazz peace painting was wonderful! come on over and visit me
http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

Amber Coppings Designs said...

that must have been so fun! i love how it turned out.

Anjanette Young said...

Oh Edie, it is beautiful!

Splendid Little Stars said...

That looks like fun!
(alias SparklyPark)

Anonymous said...

I really like it, Edie. The colors and the energy in the painting are wonderful. Great job! Looks like you were having fun too. :)

Anonymous said...

I had a sculpture I sort of did that way - a friend of mine played the sax while I sculpted! It was a lot of fun.

kadler said...

That's great - it looks wonderful!